Last Updated: August 2, 2022
Respect for your privacy is coded into our DNA. Since we started Zamroo, we’ve aspired to build our services with a set of strong privacy principles in mind.
1. Acceptance of Terms
3. Information we collect from you automatically when you use our Services
When you interact with our Platform or use our Services, we automatically collect the following information about you:
a) Device Information. We collect device-specific information such as operating system version, your device make and model and name of the mobile network that you are using. We assign an internal identifier to your device and associate all of this information with your Zamroo account.
b) Location Information. Depending on your device permissions, if you post an item on our Platform, we automatically collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, Wi-Fi access points and mobile towers. Your location data allows you to see user items near you and helps you in posting items within your location.
We use your location data for the following purposes:
- to compile anonymous and aggregated information about the characteristics and behavior of Zamroo users, including for the purposes of business analysis, segmentation and development of anonymous profiles.
- to enhance the performance of our Services and to personalize the content we direct towards you. For example, with the help of location data we display ad listings that are in your vicinity to improve your buying experience.
- to measure and monitor your interaction with the third-party advertisements banners we place on our Platform.
c) Client and Log data. Like any other online marketplace, we also make use of log files. We automatically collect limited information about your computer\\\'s connection to the Internet, mobile number, mobile make and model, including your IP address, when you visit our site, application or service. Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data -- such as the pages you view. It also contains the additional information like type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, track user’s movement around the site, and gather required demographic information.
d) Usage Information. We collect information about your activity on our Platform which includes a date and time stamp of each visit, advertisement banners or content that you clicked, your interaction with such advertisements, clickstream information, duration of your visit and the order in which you visit the content on our Platform.
4. Information we collect from Ad Postings, Chat Messages & Calls
While posting your Ad for product or service, we collect your IP Address, MAC address, GPS location, internet service provider, make and model of your device, alongwith anything you write in your Ad description are stored in our servers.
Additionally, we also store your chat message’s while you are chatting with other Zamroo user. This may also include your name, your address, the name of a meetup location, and any other information you choose to voluntarily share with another user or with the Zamroo community while communicating with other users. However, while chatting you provide them your age, gender, education history, etc we do not store this data or use it for any purpose, except that we store your chat history as described in this policy. This information is primarily stored and pulled only in case of any discrepancy or any dispute between the buyer and seller and requested by the investigative agencies.
Incase of audio or video calls initiated from Zamroo app, company can collect your call detail records (CDR’s) which may include your device information, phone numbers, your GPS location, duration of the call, IP address, etc. CDR may also records usage and diagnostic information about peer-to-peer activities, including instance messaging, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) calls, application sharing, file transfer, etc. The usage data can be used to calculate return on investment (ROI) and the diagnostic data can be used to troubleshoot peer-to-peer activities.
5. Providing you a safe and secure Platform
We use the information you provide to provide you a safe and secure platform. For example:
- We use your mobile number, email address and unique device identifiers to administer and protect our Platform (including support, system maintenance, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, fraud prevention, reporting and hosting of data).
- We use third party machine learning software to analyze all communications through our chat feature for fraud prevention and to promote safety by blocking spam or abusive messages that may have been sent to you by any other user.
- If you provide us with your telephone number, we may use that information to SMS verify your telephone number and increase the trust and safety of our Platform.
In addition, we may aggregate and/or de-identify data about visitors to our Platforms and use it for any purpose, including product and service development and improvement activities.
6. Use of Information by the Company
Our primary goal in collecting user information is to enhance your experience on our website or mobile application. You also authorize Zamroo to Call or SMS or WhatsApp you in connection with product/service advertised on the platform and you also authorise Zamroo to share your number with other party (buyer/seller) for seamless transaction.
The Information as supplied by the users enables us to improve the Services and provide you the most user-friendly experience. In some cases/provision of certain service(s), we may require your contact address as well. All required information is service dependent and the Company may use the above said user Information to, maintain, protect, and improve the Services (including advertising on the "Application") and for developing new services. We may also use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent [with an option to subscribe / unsubscribe (where feasible)]. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes, for customer service purposes, new features, new categories, etc).
Any personally identifiable information provided by you will not be considered as sensitive if it is freely available and / or accessible in the public domain like any comments, messages, blogs, scribbles available on social platforms like facebook, twitter etc.
When you register with the Application or Services, we contact you from time to time about updation of your personal information to provide the users such features that we believe may benefit / interest you.
7. Privacy of Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. In the event that we learn we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible.
8. Access, Modification, and Deletion
Once you are registered user, you can see or modify your personal information by signing in to your my account section. Contact customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org to review any personal information we store that is not available on Zamroo. There may be a charge associated with such requests but these will not exceed the amounts permitted by law however it may take upto 45 days to action any such request and such requests has to be sent in writing only. We delete personal information when we no longer need it for the purposes we described earlier however we retain personal information as permitted by law to resolve disputes during the transaction, enforce our policies; and prevent bad guys from coming back.
9 .Technical and Organizational measures and Processing Security
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. For example, all information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have a password to access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Please note, despite the measures we have implemented to protect your data, the transfer of data through the Internet or other open networks is never completely secure and there is a risk that your personal information may be accessed by unauthorized third parties.
10. Disclosure of personal information for a Business Purpose
In the succeeding years, Zamroo may disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Identifiers reasonably capable of being associated with a person or household (such as name, online identifier, mobile number, email address)
- Commercial Information, including products or services purchased, obtained or considered, or purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Internet or network activity and usage information
- Geolocation Data
- Inferences about preferences, characteristics, trends, predispositions
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of third parties:
- Corporate Affiliates
- Third Party Vendors and Service Providers
- Advertisers (for the purposes of showing you advertisements on Zamroo)
- Analytics Providers (for obtaining analytics about the activity on our Platform)
11. Links to Third Party Sites / Ad Servers
When we present information to our advertisers, to help them understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our websites or Applications, it is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages and content within our websites or Applications. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our websites or Applications. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number or other personally identifiable information) about your visits to this and other websites or application, in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We do not provide any personally identifiable information to third party websites / advertisers / ad-servers without your consent.
12. To Target Content and Advertising
To develop and provide you the relevant content and advertising based on your interests, we use the various analytics tools to determine which areas of our website you prefer based upon the frequency of your visits and engagement within those areas. We may also make reasonable geographic and demographic assumptions based on your browser provided data to target relevant content and advertising to you on our site and elsewhere where we may be acting as a 3rd party.
12(a) DART Cookie
By publishing an ad on this website, you acknowledge and agree that the Content is public and accessible by any third party and that they may appear in search engine results (such as Google, MSN, Yahoo, Ask and other search engines) and in the cache of those search engines, in feeds and Third-Party Websites pursuant to cobranding agreements, and that it is the sole responsibility of each of those search engines, Third-Party Websites or RSS web feed resources to update and/or to remove Content from their indexes and their cache. You agree and acknowledge that Zamroo is not liable for the information published in search results or by any Third-Party Website that carries Zamroo product listings.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers\\\' respective websites.
12(b) Opting out
If a user opts out using the Ads Settings, the unique DoubleClick cookie ID on the user\\\'s browser is overwritten with the phrase "OPT_OUT". Because there is no longer a unique cookie ID, the opt-out cookie can't be associated with a particular browser.
12(c) Web Beacons
We may use "clear GIFs" (Web Beacons) to track the online usage patterns of our users in an anonymous manner, without personally identifying the user. We may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. We use this information to inter-alia deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our Site, Application or Service to the interests of our users, to measure traffic within our Application to improve the Application quality, functionality and interactivity and let advertisers know the geographic locations from where our visitors come.
12(d) Aggregate, Anonymous Information with Advertisers
Zamroo derives revenue from advertising and sharing information is essential to keeping our services Free to users. In order to attract and retain advertisers we use the aggregated, anonymous information that we gather (as well as information from third-party market researchers) to describe our services to partners and to assist our advertisers and sponsors to better understand our user base. We do not disclose personally identifying information about our users to these parties.
12(e) Links to Other Sites
13. Information Sharing
The Company shares your information with any third party without obtaining the prior consent of the User in the following limited circumstances:
- When it is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, or for prosecution and punishment of offences. These disclosures are made in good faith and belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary for enforcing these Terms or for complying with the applicable laws and regulations.
- The Company may present limited information to our advertisers - to help them understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our websites or Applications – however it is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages within our site.
- The Company may share your information regarding your activities on websites or Applications with third party social websites to populate your social wall that is visible to other people however you will have an option to set your privacy settings, where you can decide what you would like to share or not to share with others.
- Social Sharing Features. The Zamroo Service offers social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest sharing button, etc), which let you share actions you take on the Zamroo with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide those features.
14. Law and Protection
We may collect, use, preserve, and share your information if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond pursuant to applicable law or regulations, to legal process, or to government requests; (b) enforce our Terms and any other applicable terms and policies, including for investigations of potential violations; (c) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our users or companies.
Any complaints, abuse or concerns with regards to the processing of information provided by you or breach of these terms shall be immediately informed to the Grievance Officer as mentioned below via email signed with the electronic signature to email@example.com
We request you to please provide the following information in your complaint:
- Identification of the information provided by you;
- Clear statement as to whether the information is personal information or any business information;
- Your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the information has been processed incorrectly or disclosed without authorization, as the case may be;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice is accurate, and that the information being complained about belongs to you;
- If it is related to any particular listing, than mention the Ad ID and other details you may have.
17. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments regarding this policy, or wish to contact our Data Protection Officer, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Codera Technologies Private Limited, Vatika Business Centre, 3rd Floor, Tower-A, Prius Global Building, Plot A - 3,4,5, Sector-125, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201303, India. Please do not send sensitive information to us by email, as email communications are not always secure.